Read more about:
Salary and Benefits
JV Girls Lacrosse and Middle School Girls Club Lacrosse Coach
Francis Parker School is currently seeking a Junior Varsity Girls Lacrosse and Middle School Girls Club Lacrosse Coach.
The Junior Varsity Girls Lacrosse Coach works under the direct supervision of the Head Coach and the Athletic Director as well as the general supervision of the Head of the Upper School. The Junior Varsity Coach is expected to provide the Head Coach with assistants as it pertains to planning, organizing, and supervision of a comprehensive interscholastic Girls Lacrosse program, and to carry out the objectives of the total school athletic program.
Assistant varsity level coaches are expected to have had previous successful varsity or junior varsity coaching experience and experience in playing the sport at the collegiate or high school level. The Coach is expected to be a positive role model and is expected to maintain effective communication with athletes, school administration, staff, students, parents and the community.
- Previous successful coaching experience at the varsity or junior varsity level within the previous four years.
- Collegiate level playing experience in this sport is highly desirable with high school level playing experience expected as a minimum requirement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for high school athletes.
- Ability to supervise, organize, and motivate players at all levels.
- Ability to motivate student athletes to participate and sustain their interests in the program.
- Demonstrate proper sportsmanship and respect for players, officials, opponents, fans, and other coaches.
- Maintain good public relations and cooperative relationships with media, parents, officials, students, staff and school administration.
- Serve as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the Parker community.
- Work effectively with student-athletes of varying abilities, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to and keep abreast of NFHS, CIF and League rules.
- Assist the Head Coach with inventory, selection and care of equipment.
- Assist the Head Coach with responsibility for proper care of the school facilities.
- Responsible for the supervision of all students affiliated with the team.
- Report injuries to administration and training staff in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Coach job functions as listed in the Coaches Handbook as well as general policies of the school.
- Availability to coach during summers and vacation periods.
- CPR, Concussion and First-Aid Certified (or be willing to get certified upon hire)
Other Job Duties:
- Assist the Head Coach in developing game schedules, practice schedules, facilities use, transportation needs, and the program budget.
- Provide game results to the Communications staff and Athletic Director; keep season and game-by-game statistics and records; provide statistical reports to the Athletic Director as needed and/or requested.
- Provide statistical information to CIF upon request.
- Provide statistical information, video, etc. to college recruiters upon request.
- Adhere to CIF Ethical Guidelines for Coaches and the school’s code of conduct.
- Adhere to Francis Parker School Coaches Handbook.
- Apply discipline in a positive, firm and consistent manner according to school policy and the mission of the athletic department.
- Middle School Coach will supervise as well as coordinate practices and competitions for the middle school team. Travel with the team is required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
JV - 2/22/2016 through 5/20/2016 (may be extended based on CIF tournament qualification)
Middle School - 2/22/2016 through 5/20/2016
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via one of the following methods:
E-mail to: email@example.com
Fax to: 858-569-0942 Attn: Laura Southworth
Mail to: Francis Parker School
6501 Linda Vista Rd.
San Diego, CA 92111
Attn: Laura Southworth
Salary and Benefits
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.