Read more about:
Salary and Benefits
Head Varsity Track & Field Coach
Francis Parker School is currently seeking a Head Varsity Coach for Track & Field.
The Head Varsity Track & Field Coach works under the direct supervision of the Athletic Director and the general supervision of the Head of the Upper School. The Head Coach is expected to provide the necessary leadership to plan, organize, and be responsible for a comprehensive interscholastic Track & Field program, and to carry out the objectives of the total school athletic program.
Varsity level coaches are expected to have had previous successful varsity coaching experience and experience in playing the sport at the collegiate or high school level. The Head Coach is expected to be a positive role model and is expected to maintain effective communication with athletes, school administration, staff, students, parents and the community.
- Previous successful coaching experience at the varsity level within the previous four years.
- Collegiate level playing experience in this sport is highly desirable with high school level playing experience expected as a minimum requirement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective coaching theory, strategies, and techniques appropriate for high school athletes.
- Ability to supervise, organize, and motivate a coaching staff at all levels.
- Ability to motivate student athletes to participate and sustain their interests in the program.
- Demonstrate proper sportsmanship and respect for players, officials, opponents, fans, and other coaches.
- Maintain good public relations and cooperative relationships with media, parents, officials, students, staff and school administration.
- Serve as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the Parker community.
- Work effectively with student-athletes of varying abilities, and cultural backgrounds to instill commitment, discipline, and teamwork.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to and keep abreast of NFHS, CIF and League rules.
- Assume responsibility for inventory, selection and care of equipment.
- Assume responsibility for proper care of the school facilities.
- Responsible for the supervision of all students affiliated with the team.
- Report injuries to administration and training staff in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Varsity Head Coach job functions as listed in the Coaches Handbook as well as general policies of the school.
- Availability to coach during summers and vacation periods.
- CPR, Concussion and First-Aid Certified (or be willing to get certified upon hire)
Other Job Duties:
- Assist the Athletic Director in developing game schedules, practice schedules, facilities use, transportation needs, and the program budget.
- Requisition supplies, materials, and equipment as needed and as approved by the Athletic Director.
- Provide game results to the Communications staff and Athletic Director; keep season and game-by-game statistics and records; provide statistical reports to the Athletic Director as needed and/or requested.
- Provide statistical information to CIF upon request.
- Provide statistical information, video, etc. to college recruiters upon request.
- Adhere to CIF Ethical Guidelines for Coaches and the school’s code of conduct.
- Adhere to Francis Parker School Coaches Handbook.
- Assist the Athletic Director in selecting assistant coaches.
- Apply discipline in a positive, firm and consistent manner according to school policy and the mission of the athletic department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
2/21/2016 through 5/20/2016 (may be extended based on CIF tournament qualification)
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume via one of the following methods:
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: 858-569-0942 Attn: Laura Southworth
Mail to: Francis Parker School
6501 Linda Vista Rd.
San Diego, CA 92111
Attn: Laura Southworth
Salary and Benefits
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.