Lancers in the News
This page is a compilation of recent news items about Francis Parker School and/or its students. Please click on any link below to be taken to the article or media coverage.
- Parker's punter and kicker Zach Schmid mentioned in the San Diego Union Tribune and website.
- Healing HeARTS fundraiser featured in the Rancho Santa Fe Review and website.
- Liam Fay '18 has qualified as one of the semifinalists that will participate in the 25th-annual California National Geographic Bee. The 2013 edition of the competition is sponsored by Google and Plum Creek, and will be held on Friday, April 5 at the Consumnes River College in Sacramento.
Geography Bees were held in schools with 4th- through 8th-grade students throughout the state. School-level winners then took a qualifying test, which was then submitted to the National Geographic Society. In each of the 50 states, as well as the District of Columbia, the Department of Defense Dependents Schools, and the U.S. territories, the National Geographic Society invited the students with the top 100 scores to compete at the state level. Learn more at www.nationalgeographic.com/geobee
- Parker W.A.R. Lords robotic team reached the finals and won the award for in the seventh annual San Diego Regional FIRST Robotics Competiton
- Kate Liang '16 and Sarah Hofmeister ’20 both competed in the 2013 U.S. Synchronized Skating Championship. Hofmeister's team achieved 9th place in the Juvenile division and Liang's team won the gold medal for best team in the U.S. Intermediate Division. Read more about the championship here.
- Parker's Robotics Team, the WAR Lords, complete robot submission in time for competition March 7 -9.
Snighdha Nandipati '16 - 2012 National Spelling Bee Champion