Upper School Blog
News for the Week of January 22
Dear Upper School Parents,
I hope that is has been a great week for you.
A variety of clubs have been quite active recently. A couple of our intrepid club leaders are proud of recent meetings. Emily Bohl notes, “French Honor Society members experienced La Fête des Rois, a French celebration that takes place annually on Epiphany. While FHS seniors Adam Lohnes and Zack Emge explained the way French teenagers abbreviate in text messages, everyone enjoyed the three kings' cake. Lucky FHS members Carolyn Hansen, Anna Rudakov, Lexi Smallwood, and Jasmine Anklesaria each found a "féve" in their slice of the cake, designating them as queens for the day! Each will enjoy a day off from homework in the coming week and a celebration in their honor. Quelle bonne chance!”
Solia Yaley reports on the most recent Mediterranean Club meeting: “It was yet another informative and festive meeting, highlighted by a presentation on Israel by Raphie Cantor. Raphie prepared a PowerPoint presentation that explored the country's history, culture, conflicts, and most importantly, it's famous cuisine. Raphie also prepared a selection of traditional Israeli food. All twenty of the members who attended enjoyed fresh pita bread, hummus, falafel, and salad. Everyone stayed until the end of lunch to talk and go back for seconds. It was in all, another very successful meeting!"
All Upper School Grades
- College Athletics Night will be January 24th, 2012, from 6:30-8:00 pm at Crivello Hall on the Linda Vista Campus.
- Come see the Upper School Theatre Production of Sweeney Todd on January 27 at 7pm or January 28 at 2pm in the Amelita-Galli Curi Theatre.
- Mid-term reports are posted. You can access them through NetClassroom.
- The updated 2012-13 A.P. and Honors classes placement policies can be found here.
- College Athletic Recruiting Night
Presented by our College Counseling Office and the Athletic Department, Tuesday, January 24, 6:30pm, Linda Vista campus. Parents of freshmen, sophomores and juniors who think they would like to pursue their passion for sports in college are encouraged to attend College Athletic Recruiting Night with their student. This special evening takes place Tuesday, January 24, at 6:30pm in the Crivello Hall, and centers on topics such as NCAA regulations and rules, marketing yourself to schools of choice, and the difference between scholarship and financial aid. Parker's college counselors, head coaches and a guest speaker will be in attendance. See you there!
There is a new schedule of classes for the winter and spring SATs and ACTs. Juniors, check out the website http://www.francisparker.org/page.cfm?p=672 where you will find contact information, registration forms and the descriptions of all the classes. Register early; class sizes are limited.
Class of 2012
- Fill the gym for Basketball Senior Night on January 27 at 7pm. Come help honor our senior basketball players!
Class of 2015
- THANK YOU to the following families that helped make the 9th Grade Faculty Appreciation Breakfast a wonderful success: Nussbaum, Gianella, Lamberti, Mehberg, Gale, Thomson, Hayes, McFarland/Shauer, Kanegaye, Lettington, Brown, So/Prior, Bluhm, Sommer, Brownlie, Frye, Ogle, Shiver, Gamboa, Palikadeti, Davis, Baddar, Sheehan, Polk, Nagata/Rodin, Reed, Merken, Wright, Wright, Bancroft, Gamboa, Oswald, Speidel/Morgan, Ehrenfeld, Nixon, Sagart, Wiggins and Young.
Friday January, 20, 2012 at 03:46PM
Choose groups to clone to: