News for the Week of March 11
Hi Upper School Families,
For our lunch time series, this week we were very fortunate to have Sarah Weddington who argued Roe v. Wade in front of the Supreme Court. She was a wonderful presenter who quickly and with good humor grabbed the students' attention. The students also had the opportunity this week to hear from the author Tupelo Hassman, mayoral candidate Bonnie Dumanis, and the all-women Yale a cappella group: Proof in the Pudding. I am thrilled that we are able to offer to our students such an array of speakers as part of the lunchtime series.
I wish you all a great week!
All Upper School Grades
- There is no school on Monday March 12th due to a professional development day#
- The French Honors Society Initiation Ceremony will be held on March 20th in Nicholas Commons, details to follow#
- The Girls League Talent Show will be held on March 21st and 22nd from 7-10 pm in J# Crivello Hall#
Class of 2012
Class of 2013
- The 11th Grade will host a breakfast for our wonderful teachers and staff on March 22nd. We are planning to create a Parisian Café for their breakfast and will provide them with a delicious le petit dejuener. If you are willing to help, please contact your grade reps at: email@example.com. Merci beaucoup!
Founders’ Ball: Saturday, May 5
- Help Celebrate Parker’s Past—it’s 1912 again at this year’s Parents’ Association Gala! Don’t miss this opportunity to support Parker students and faculty with silent and live auctions, dinner, and dancing to live music. 1912-period or formal attire suggested.
- New this year:
- Bidding from the palm of your hand!
- The “Club 1912” Lounge!
- A surprise presentation!
- We need your help to make the Founders’ Ball a success:
- Do you own or have a relationship with a SIGNAGE or large-format printing business? Email Gala Chair Susan Davey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have an auction item to contribute? Email Silent Auction Co-Chairs Marilyn Tobin and Kristin Zeko at email@example.com
- Interested in event underwriting or becoming a gala sponsor? Email Sponsorship Co-Chairs Deborah Wilson and Loreen Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that auction items, sponsorships and underwriting must be submitted prior to our printing deadline of March 16, 2012, in order to be acknowledged in the gala program.
- For more information, or to enter your item donation or sponsorship online, please visit www.francisparker.org/gala. Thank you!
Friday March, 9, 2012 at 05:21PM
Choose groups to clone to: