News for the Week of April 30
Dear Upper School Parents,
It is that time of the year when we do a fair share of the planning for next year. We had our registration meetings with students to explain the process and along the way to introduce some new classes as well. We have reminded students who wish to register for Honors and A.P. courses that they need to make sure that they have met departmental criteria. As we did last year, we will have an appeal process for students who are within a third of a grade of the stated criteria; we want to ensure that students are placed in classes where they can be appropriately challenged and supported. Students have until next Friday (May 4) at 3:00 pm to register for next year's courses.
Please note that Susan Moerder, Science Department Chair, has been working with members of UCSD's Extension Division to develop a UCSD Research Scholars Program specifically and solely for Parker students (rising 10-12th graders) during the school year. After months of meetings and work to design the program we are happy to say that we will have the program up and running for September. As you can see from the application (see below "Research Scholars Program"), there are multiple disciplines available, including music, social sciences and computer science. Students will potentially earn UCSD credits for this program. These are truly unique positions, and the interested student should understand the expectations and commitment of this opportunity.
In the meantime, mid-trimester grades have been posted and can be assessed through NetClassroom.
Finally, we are gearing up for a Bollywood themed prom. It should be a hoot, and we look forward to a safe and celebratory time.
Paul I. Barsky
Research Scholars Program
All Upper School Grades
- AP Exams will be held from May 7 through May 18.
- Where can you learn to fly, drink from a martini luge, and party like it’s 1912? At the Parker Gala on May 5, 2012. We’ll link you up with all the auction fun you can handle, the best food in San Diego, dancing to live music and even a club lounge. Have friends? Invite ‘em! Need friends? You’ll make ‘em! And it’s all for a great cause: our kids! Reserve Tickets Now!
Class of 2012
- Information regarding all the senior year-end events and activities, including Commencement, is now posted on the website.
Class of 2013
- The Coastline Case Studies Program will be held on April 30 at 6pm at the La Jolla Country Day School. This program is only for juniors and their parents.
- College Counseling presents The State of College Admissions on May 1 at 10am in J. Crivello Hall.
Class of 2015
Friday April, 27, 2012 at 04:28PM
Choose groups to clone to: