Administrative and Professional Staff
Read more about:
About Francis Parker School
Salary and Benefits
Parker is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the administration of all processes and procedures related to the acquisition of goods and provision of services, including soliciting bids, evaluating and selecting vendors, and negotiating pricing and other contractual terms. Additionally, the Senior Buyer is responsible for making ongoing improvements to the purchasing process, including implementing changes that generate cost savings or enhance internal controls.
- Assist members of faculty and staff with issues related to the submission of purchase requisitions
- Review purchase requisitions for appropriate account coding and necessary approvals
- Solicit bids and proposals from vendors in accordance with established policies
- Negotiate favorable pricing, payment, and other contractual terms with vendors
- Evaluate competing bids and make objective vendor selection decisions in collaboration with members of faculty or staff from the requesting division or department
- Develop preferred vendor sources for frequently used goods or services
- Place purchase orders for goods and services pursuant to establish policies
- Maintain appropriate supporting documentation for all purchases
- Resolve issues with vendors – e.g., delivery delays, pricing differences, quantity discrepancies, product defects – in a timely manner
- Pursue new vendor relationships to realize cost savings
- Ensure that all purchasing policies and procedures are documented and reviewed at least annually with members of faculty and staff
- Provide training to new members of faculty and staff on purchasing policies and procedures
- Make ongoing improvements to the purchasing process, including recommendations for changes that enhance internal controls
- Assist with various facility projects, including negotiating service contracts for building systems and overseeing construction projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a job related area – CPM or a similar accreditation from a recognized purchasing organization such as APICS or NAPM a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a lead purchasing or procurement role for an organization with annual revenues of at least $20 million – experience in school setting a plus
- Thorough understanding of purchasing principles, processes, and procedures
- Proven ability to evaluate vendor bids, negotiate pricing and other contractual terms, and manage on-going relationships
- Hands-on experience with at least one major ERP system – preferably Blackbaud
- Track record for meeting deadlines
- Familiarity with the application of internal controls in a purchasing context
- Aptitude for identifying and implementing purchasing related process improvements
- Service oriented with a collaborative approach toward problem-solving
- Proficient using Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
A cover letter, resume and salary requirements/history* should be submitted electronically to:
Cathy Lee, Director of Finance
Denise Pyeatt, Controller
Upper School Attendance Secretary
Francis Parker School is currently seeking an Upper School Attendance Secretary for the 2015-2016 school year (beginning in late August). This is a part-time position: Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Take daily attendance
- Post attendance lists in a timely fashion
- Track and notify students/families of detention for excessive tardies and absences and help coordinate detention jobs during school hours
- Coordinate early dismissal with security
- Assist with communications (e.g. notes and blogs) to students and parents, including making daily bulletin entries
- Oversee lost and found on US campus
- Serve as the Upper School health clerk
- Work with students and parents in a professional and friendly manner
- Perform additional administrative duties, including: answering office phone, handling office mail, data entry, ordering office and workroom supplies on a weekly basis, updating/rotating student files, collecting signed forms (handbook, senior privilege) and following up with missing ones, and supporting Upper School administration with special projects.
- Requires 2-3 years experience as a senior-level administrative assistant; school office and/or attendance work experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher) and have experience using data management systems
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills to interact professionally with a diverse population, including communicating with teenagers and parents in person and via phone
- Must have professional demeanor and have the ability to handle confidential student matters and files
- Must be well-organized and have good attention to detail
- Must be team-orientated, self-motivated and able to multi-task
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary. The Attendance Secretary position is paid hourly (20 hours per week) and is eligible for pro-rated benefits.
A cover letter, resume and salary requirements should be submitted electronically to:
Marc Thiebach, Associate Head of Upper School
Maintenance Person – Linda Vista Campus
The Maintenance Crew performs manual work necessary to maintain cleanliness and appearance of the School grounds, roads, walks and buildings. The Maintenance Crew provides technical expertise and manual skill in the servicing and repair of the buildings, grounds, equipment, and furnishings.
- Performs maintenance duties, including building maintenance (i.e., repair/replace locks, doors and light fittings, repair broken windows, touch-up painting, etc.) and grounds maintenance (mowing grass, trimming trees/shrubs, general landscaping duties, etc.)
- Assist in equipment installation and with School improvements, such as building renovations, fencing, lands maintenance, etc.
- Performs repairs, including structures, windows, doors, equipment, and furnishings
- Cleans, moves, and arranges furnishings, supplies, and equipment as directed
- Recommends areas needing repairs or other services
- May perform minor maintenance jobs not requiring a skilled tradesperson
- High school diploma. Post-secondary training in a trade is desirable
- Previous landscaping experience
- Skill/experience in general maintenance/repair procedures (e.g., mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, etc.).
- Basic skill and/or knowledge of building systems (e.g., HVAC, fire suppression, security, communication, etc.).
- Basic understanding of the operation of machinery and equipment relative to building maintenance (i.e., pumps, A/C, etc.)
- Time management skills to ensure workload is managed and deadlines met
- Ability to work at heights or in confined spaces and perform physically demanding work
Salary and Benefits:
This is a Full-Time position (Monday – Friday; 6 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.). The rate of pay is $9-$9.50 per hour. This position is eligible for benefits.
A cover letter and resume should be submitted electronically to:
Polly Ronquillo, Human Resources Administrator
About Francis Parker School
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1200+ students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to provide a superior college preparatory education in a diverse, family-oriented environment that meets the academic, social, creative, emotional and physical needs of individual students.”
Overlooking Mission Valley, two separate campuses serve students in Lower School–junior kindergarten through 5th grade; Middle School–6th grade through 8th grade and Upper School– 9th grade through 12th grade. As a college preparatory school Parker offers a comprehensive program that includes twenty-five advanced placement courses as well as a rich palette of electives, all designed to meet the individual needs of our students.
While students are central always, the faculty and staff who deliver our programs are no less important. Not only are they qualified professionally, but staff also share a deep commitment to the development of children, to professional growth, and to the larger communities in which they teach and learn. A positive and purposeful spirit abides at Parker. Adults who believe in the students, school, and school mission promote this tone in both substance and style.
Salary and Benefits
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. The School has adopted the California Association of Independent Schools Principles of Good Practice for Schools. As such, the School will not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, sex or sexual orientation or any other protected category in its hiring and employment practices and policies, or in any other aspect of the employment relationship.
Francis Parker School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversifying its workforce.
Learn more about Francis Parker School.