Administrative and Professional Staff
Read more about:
About Francis Parker School
Salary and Benefits
Parker is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Clinical Counselor will provide counseling services, consultation and behavioral wellness related programming to all three divisions as part of the Student Support Team.
- Clinical consultation regarding behavioral, social and emotional concerns of students
- Collaboration with parents, Parker staff and community health care providers to support social, emotional and behavioral needs of students
- Provision of counseling and intervention services to students (Pre-K to 12th grade)
- Primary service provider for students Pre-K to 5th grade
- Provide community referrals for counseling and intervention services, as needed
- Create and implement developmentally appropriate SEL programming in all three divisions for students Pre-K to 12th grade
- Collaborate with staff to develop life skills and health curriculum programming (JK to 12th grade)
- Explore, develop and assist with implementation of deeper curricular integration of diversity, mental health, social and emotional issues in collaboration with faculty and divisional leadership
- Maintain records and all required documentation of student contacts and services
- Participation in educational programming for students, parents and faculty
- Participation on Student Support Teams across all three divisions
Participation in the following meetings:
Weekly meetings: Faculty meetings
Monthly meetings: Student Support Team
Weekly meetings: 3 grade level meetings
Miscellaneous: Transition meetings 5th to 6th and 8th to 9th
Weekly meetings: Student Support
Miscellaneous: Transition meetings between each of the grade levels (spring and fall)
Parent/teacher/student meetings (as needed)
In addition to the duties listed above, Francis Parker School expects the following of each employee: adheres to Francis Parker policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets department productivity standards; participates in Parker events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree Counseling: MFCC, LISW, LMFT, LPCC, M.A. Counseling Psychology, PhD Clinical/Counseling Psychology
- Independent license or credential to provide clinical services
- Minimum of two years experience in a school or other educational setting
- Minimum of three years experience as a counselor/therapist with children and families
- Knowledge and experience diagnosing and treating disorders common in childhood and adolescence
- Experience working with students Pre-K through 12th grade
- Experience conducting classroom observations and implementing behavioral intervention strategies
- Ability to work with Learning Center teachers, classroom teachers, and administrators
- Strong written and oral communication with students, teachers, and parents
- Knowledge and adherence to legal and ethical guidelines as they pertain to counseling students in educational settings
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programming
- Strong pedagogical background
- Working understanding of FERPA in regard to the educational context
- Ability, flexibility and willingness to work at multiple locations
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours to meet needs of students, families and the school
A cover letter, resume and salary requirements/history should be submitted electronically to:
Bridgett Besinger, Director of Student Support
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line
Lancer Camp Counselor
Francis Parker School seeks qualified Lancer Camp Counselor to provide direct supervision of Middle School aged children enrolled in the summer day camp. This position requires a 6 week commitment (6/20/16 – 7/08/16 and 7/11/16 – 7/29/16), in addition to a mandatory training meeting on Thursday (6/16/16). Must be available for on-boarding no later than 6/1/16.
- Supervise a group of children, promoting a positive environment that fosters fun, safety and Parker values.
- Uphold, model and enforce summer program policies.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness standards.
- Follow Parker’s policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff.
- High school graduate or equivalent; One year of college or more preferred.
- Previous experience working with children, specifically in an outdoor environment.
- Ability to lead and participate in activities; enjoy playing, not “sitting on the sidelines”
- Ability to communicate effectively and to demonstrate leadership qualities towards the students
- Current CPR Certification required
- Strong swimming skills and comfort engaging in aquatic activities; Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification required.
Pay and Benefits:
This is a Part-Time Seasonal position (Working hours: Monday – Friday, 12:00 – 5:30 p.m.). The rate of pay is $13.75 per hour. This position is not eligible for benefits.
A resume should be submitted electronically to:
c/o: Monique Velde
Summer and Extended Day Programs
Francis Parker School
6501 Linda Vista Road
San Diego, CA 92111
School Bus Driver
Francis Parker School has an immediate (through June 10, 2016) opening for the following position:
- Late afternoon Substitute and Sports Driver: Days and Hours varies (approximately 30 hours every 2 weeks when school is in session).
School Bus Drivers must possess the following qualification and requirements to be considered for the position:
- Must possess current California School Bus Certification and California Driver’s License (Class B with Passenger Endorsement)
- Must possess a valid commercial medical card
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test, TB Test, extensive FBI & DOJ background screening (with no criminal convictions or DUIs)
- Must have a clean driving record and exceptional safety record
Salary and Benefits:
This is a Part-Time position and is not eligible for benefits. The hourly rate of pay will be $17.75 - $24.00 per hour, based on school bus driving experience.
Please email Deborah Burzynski, Director of Transportation at firstname.lastname@example.org to request employment and supplemental applications.
About Francis Parker School
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1200+ students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to provide a superior college preparatory education in a diverse, family-oriented environment that meets the academic, social, creative, emotional and physical needs of individual students.”
Overlooking Mission Valley, two separate campuses serve students in Lower School–junior kindergarten through 5th grade; Middle School–6th grade through 8th grade and Upper School– 9th grade through 12th grade. As a college preparatory school Parker offers a comprehensive program that includes twenty-five advanced placement courses as well as a rich palette of electives, all designed to meet the individual needs of our students.
While students are central always, the faculty and staff who deliver our programs are no less important. Not only are they qualified professionally, but staff also share a deep commitment to the development of children, to professional growth, and to the larger communities in which they teach and learn. A positive and purposeful spirit abides at Parker. Adults who believe in the students, school, and school mission promote this tone in both substance and style.
Salary and Benefits
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more about Francis Parker School.