Become a part of the Parker story
The Parker journey begins with who we are—an aspirational community of people deeply invested in preparing each child to develop the intellect, strength of character, and humanity necessary to make a meaningful difference in the world.
Francis Parker School’s faculty and staff are our most valuable asset. Our goal is to be an inclusive community where all members feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
“Having opportunities to further develop my technical skill sets, whether it was discovering the deeper features of the LEGO Mindstorms EV3 experience or developing proficiency with Solidworks, has been instrumental in my professional growth.”
Middle and Upper School
- 2021-2022 Upper School and Middle School Academic Resource Center Teacher
- Extended Day Program Aide - (Part-Time Temporary One-Year Assignment)
- 2021- 2022 6-12 Spanish Long-Term Substitute Teacher
- 2021-2022 Middle School Academic Resource Center Teacher (Part-Time)
- Administrative Assistant to the Head of Upper School
- Extended Programs Coordinator (Part-Time)
- 2021-2022 Upper School Academic Resource Center Teacher
Future Faculty Opportunities
Francis Parker School continuously welcomes applications for enthusiastic, dedicated, and passionate teachers who would like to join our community.
Of the 155 teaching faculty members at our two campuses, nearly 100 hold advanced degrees.
- Junior Varsity Boys Assistant Soccer Coach
- Assistant Boys Soccer Coach
- Junior Varsity Head Boys Soccer Coach
- Middle School Assistant Boys Soccer Coach
- JV Sailing Coach
- Middle School Assistant Flag Football Coach
- Public Address Announcer
- Assistant Cross Country Coach
- Head Varsity Girls Tennis Coach
- Assistant Varsity Football Coach
- Varsity Assistant Boys/Girls Tennis Coach
- Junior Varsity Girls Volleyball Assistant Coach
- Head Junior Varsity Baseball Coach
Francis Parker School is ranked as the #1 K-12 private school in the San Diego area, according to Niche.
How to Apply
To be considered for employment as a Substitute Teacher, please send an email inquiry including a cover letter, resume, and completed Parker application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All Parker employment offers are made exclusively by Human Resources. If you are offered work as a Substitute Teacher, Human Resources will schedule a time for you to come in and receive the required pre-hire paperwork. New hires may not report to work until all of the pre-employment requirements have been met and all of the new hire forms have been submitted to Human Resources.
The quality of faculty, staff, and administrators is the cornerstone of our School’s ongoing success, and Parker is committed to providing competitive compensation and benefits for all employees. The following benefits are provided to full-time employees (pro-rated benefits are provided for some part-time positions):
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Group Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability (100% employer-paid)
- Voluntary Life Insurance (employee-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): Health Care and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Travel Assistance
- Will Preparation Program
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match and Defined Contribution
- Group and Individual Financial Planning Sessions
- Sick Leave (for all positions)
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation Leave (for non-faculty positions)
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Tuition Remission
- Discounts on After-School and Summer Programs
- Financial Support for Advanced Degrees and Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Exciting Wellness Program, including All-School MeetUp Parker Activities
- Employee discounts on Local Area Attractions
- Gym Discounts
- Free Lunch on Campus
- On-Site/Free Parking
- Friendly Work Environment!
"I have never worked in such a supportive environment. Everyone is so dedicated to student learning and growth. We are always sharing ideas on how to enhance our teaching."
Living in San Diego
If you love a sunshine-filled, 75-degree day, this is the city for you.
San Diego is much more than its near-perfect weather. Our beloved county has 50 sun-soaked miles of coastline, a thriving food and arts scene, dozens of museums, and a major emphasis on health and wellness activities such as cycling, yoga, hiking, kayaking, and surfing.
Parker’s campuses are located in the Mission Hills and Linda Vista neighborhoods, which are within a couple minutes of five of San Diego’s major freeways. Our families and faculty live in over 80 different zip codes across the county. No matter which way you turn, there is a neighborhood close to our school for you to call home.