Become part of the Parker story
"Having opportunities to further develop my technical skill sets, whether it was discovering the deeper features of the LEGO Mindstorms EV3 experience or developing proficiency with Solidworks, has been instrumental in my professional growth."
Parker is partnering with the RG175 Resource Group to assist in searching for candidates for our Head of Lower School and Head of Upper School openings. Click on the links below for more information.
- 2020-2021 Lower School Associate Teacher (Temporary One-Year Assignment, 5th Grade)
- 2020-2021 Lower School Associate Teacher (Temporary One-Year Assignment, 2nd Grade)
- 2020-2021 Lower School Junior Kindergarten Long-Term Substitute Teacher
- 2020-2021 Lower School Full Time Substitute Teacher (Temporary)
- Middle School Programs Aide and Extended Programs Coordinator (Temporary, Mission Hills Campus)
- Extended Day Programs Aide - Floater Linda Vista & Mission Hills (Temporary, 8 am-4:30 pm)
- Extended Day Programs Aide - Floater Mission Hills (Temporary, 8 am-4:30 pm)
- 2020-2021 Lower School Junior Kindergarten Substitute Teacher
Of the 155 teaching faculty members at our two campuses, nearly 100 hold advanced degrees.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for employment as a Substitute Teacher, please send an email inquiry to the Head of the School division at which you wish to teach (Lower, Middle, Upper) to request a meeting.
The quality of faculty, staff, and administrators is the cornerstone of our School's ongoing success, and Parker is committed to providing competitive compensation and benefits for all employees. The following benefits are provided to full-time employees (pro-rated benefits are provided for some part-time positions):
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Group Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability (100% employer-paid)
- Voluntary Life Insurance (employee-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA): Health Care and Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Travel Assistance
- Will Preparation Program
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match and Defined Contribution
- Group and Individual Financial Planning Sessions
- Sick Leave (for all positions)
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation Leave (for non-faculty positions)
- Generous Paid Holidays
- Tuition Remission
- Discounts on After-School and Summer Programs
- Financial Support for Advanced Degrees and Other Professional Development Opportunities
- Exciting Wellness Program, including All-School MeetUp Parker Activities
- Employee discounts on Local Area Attractions
- Gym Discounts
- Free Lunch on Campus
- On-Site/Free Parking
- Friendly Work Environment!
I have never worked in such a supportive environment. Everyone is so dedicated to student learning and growth. We are always sharing ideas on how to enhance our teaching.
San Diego is one of the safest large U.S. cities. According to the City Crime 2014 Rankings calculated by CQ Press, San Diego ranks as the fourth safest city among cities with a population of 500,000 or more.
LIVING IN SAN DIEGO
If you love a sunshine-filled, 75-degree day, this is the city for you.
San Diego is much more than its near-perfect weather. Our beloved county has 50 sun-soaked miles of coastline, a thriving food and arts scene, dozens of museums, and a major emphasis on health and wellness activities such as cycling, yoga, hiking, kayaking, and surfing.
Parker's campuses are located in the Mission Hills and Linda Vista neighborhoods, which are within a couple minutes of five of San Diego's major freeways. Our families and faculty live in over 80 different zip codes across the county. No matter which way you turn, there is a neighborhood close to our school for you to call home.
meet Parker people