At Parker, we believe that parents have an obligation to pay the educational expenses of their children to the extent that they are able. Therefore, the purpose of our financial assistance program is to help families bridge the gap between the cost of a Parker education and what they can be reasonably expected to pay.
Francis Parker School’s financial assistance policies reflect standards of equity and fairness and embrace Francis Parker School’s ongoing commitment to access, affordability, and socio-economic diversity.
Families are required to submit financial information on an annual basis through School & Student Services (SSS), an objective third party financial needs assessment service offered in partnership with the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
Francis Parker School adheres to local, state, and federal laws and regulations that require non-discriminatory practice in the administration of its financial assistance policies.
Questions? Contact Director of Financial Assistance Christi Cole at email@example.com.
Applying for Financial Assistance
To begin your financial assistance application, you will need to complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial assistance process. This information can be found on the following website https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents/ .
How to Complete The Parents Financial Statement (PFS) Online
- Beginning October 1, 2020, go to https://www.solutionsbysss.com/parents/
- Create your PFS Online account with your email address and a password. If you applied for financial assistance last year, simply login to the PFS Online as a Returning Family, using the email address and password you set up last year.
- Our School’s Full Name: Francis Parker School
- Our School’s SSS Code: 3265
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2021-2022. You can log out of the PFS Online at any time, then return later to complete it.
- After you have pressed “submit”, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee is nonrefundable. Once your PFS is submitted, it cannot be withdrawn from the SSS system. After you pay for and submit your PFS, you’ll have access on the PFS Online to a section called “Manage Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
In addition to completing the PFS online, parents must also submit the following documents to SSS (note-some 2018 information may already be on file in your account if you applied for financial assistance last year):
- Signed copies of your complete 2018 1040 Federal Tax Return, including all schedules and K-1 forms, if applicable.
- Copies of all 2018 W-2’s and/or 1099 forms.
- Signed copies of your complete 2019 1040 Federal Tax Return, including all schedules and K-1 forms, if applicable.
- Copies of all 2019 W-2’s and/or 1099 forms.
How to Submit Additional Required Documents Online
- Prepare your documents to be uploaded. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. Remove any security or password protection from your document files.
- Return to the PFS Online and login.
- Select the Academic Year 2020-21 button.
- From the PFS Online, click on the “My Documents” tab.
- On the “My Documents” page, you will see an upload button or a hyperlink next to a specific document name in the "Required Documents" section of the PFS. Clicking either the upload button or a hyperlink will lead you through a series of steps allowing you to name, locate and save the file.
- Once you have uploaded a document, the date will appear in the “Date Uploaded” column within minutes of the upload. Some tax documents go through a verification process. It can take up to 48 hours for the verification process to complete.
- If you wish to submit required documents by mail, print the cover sheet from the "My Documents" tab and mail the documents and cover sheet to the address printed on the cover sheet.
To ensure that your application for financial assistance is considered, please meet the submission deadlines listed in the table below. Only completed files can be considered. Any late submissions will be reviewed after the first round of awards have been made. Should any funds remain, awards will be made to late applicants.
Financial Assistance Decision
We will communicate our financial assistance decision to you at the same time with your child's enrollment agreement if your application is submitted by the deadline. To make our decision, we use the information from the PFS as a starting point but also consider our school policy, practices and available budget.