MISSION & VISION
The Francis Parker School mission is to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective, and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.
Francis Parker School is committed to graduating students who embody those qualities essential for academic success and personal fulfillment — intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, passion for learning, ethical responsibility, self-reliance, community engagement, and global competence — by offering a balanced, challenging, and integrated Junior Kindergarten through Grade 12 educational program in academics, athletics, and the arts, all centered in a vibrant and diverse school environment.
At Parker, we are committed to developing students:
- Who strive for academic excellence while maintaining social and emotional well-being and balance
- Who participate in the fundamental human conversation on what is right, fair, and good by developing the necessary skills, aptitude, and imagination
- Who think critically, write persuasively, and communicate confidently
- Who are familiar with the cultural, political, historical, scientific, ethical, and economic forces shaping their world
- Who possess the tools necessary to realize their individual talents and potential in their academic and professional lives
- Who embrace the larger world through meaningful, age-appropriate opportunities for experiential education
- We will bring the world into our classrooms through sustainable relationships with local businesses and universities, visiting faculty and lecturers, and web-based collaboration. We will take our classrooms out to the world through meaningful, age-appropriate opportunities for experiential education, service learning, environmental awareness, and character education.