Week of September 5th
Happy Labor Day!
And so, it begins. Welcome to the 2011 - 2012 school year! I want to extend a special welcome to all of our new Parker families and I look foward to meeting many of you at the New Parent Dinner on September 13th.
There is a lot going on the first month of school - big transitions for everyone. But, the good news is - we are all in this together. That's what is special about the Parker community - its students, its faculty, its administration, its parents... We all work together to create the best possible learning environment for our kids.
There are a few things to be aware of:
- The E-newlsetters are the school's PRIMARY communication tool. Be sure to click on the appropriate division(s) to get the most up-to-date information for that week.
- Parents@Parker is published by the Parents Association. Notices for the PA will be found here. So, be sure to click this banner for information on upcoming meetings, events and volunteer opportunities.
- This "blog" format for the newsletters creates an automatic archive. If you miss a week, you just scroll down and it's all right there.
- Please be sure to take the time to set up your personal Dynacal. You can customize the calendars you want to suit your family's needs. You can even subscribe to certain calendars which will automatically update your personal calendar with Parker info.
- Familiarize yourself with the Parker website and Parent Portal. Communication is always a challenge because of the diverse needs of each family. Do your part to make sure you don't miss out on anything.
Ready or not, here it comes. Have a great year!
PA GENERAL MEETING - Monday, September 12th
All parents are invited to attend. The meeting will be held immediately following the Lower School Flag Raising (8:35am approximately) at the Ellen Browning Scripps Lecture Hall - MH Campus. Head of School, Kevin Yaley, will be the speaker. This is a great chance to connect with other parents and find out about volunteer opportunities.
LOWER SCHOOL PARENT COFFEE - Tuesday, September 6th, 8:15am
LOWER SCHOOL ROOM PARENT MEETING - Friday, September 9th, 8:15am
MIDDLE SCHOOL ROOM PARENT MEETING - Tuesday, September 13th, 9:45am
PARKER GALA MEETING - Tuesday, September 20th, 8:15am
Any parent who would like to help with the Gala planning is welcome to attend this first planning meeting. Come and sign up for a committee and help us plan the best fundraiser yet! The meeting will be in the Nicholas Commons at the Linda Vista Campus.
DADS - There is no meeting in September.
FOR DETAILS ABOUT ANY SCHOOL EVENT, go to DynaCal.
Contact Kelly Price Noble
We are in need of:
- Only one more older model convertible automobile for the Homecoming Court.
- Event day volunteers
Grade Level Items
Class of 2012
THANK YOU to 12th grade class reps Rita Waters and Sandy Sherman for organizing the Senior class BBQ with the 12th grade ASB. Thanks also to parent volunteers Shelley Benoit, Sharon Gardner, Andrea Goicoechea and Greer Knopf Scott. If you would like to help with future senior events and activities, please contact Rita and Sandy.
Senior College Night is scheduled for WEDNESDAY, September 14th.
Yearbook deadline for senior portraits has been extended to October 15th.
Scroll down for previous Parents@Parker.
Submissions for Parents@Parker are due to Sarah Feeney by the Monday prior to publication.
Friday September, 2, 2011 at 11:58AM
Choose groups to clone to: