Week of February 6th, 2012
PA General Meeting: Monday, February 6th
Immediately following Flag Raising (approximately 8:40am)
Lower School Libaray Lecture Hall
Our speaker this month is Georgeanne Irvine from the San Diego Zoo & Safari Park.
ParkerCares: Parent Education
This week we have two opportunities we would like to bring to your attention.
You should have received a mysterious email last Friday about a "Special Opportunity." The secrecy was so that the kids wouldn't google the presentation before Monday, lessening the impact of the message. But, this is the low-down, if you can keep it on the QT!
This coming Monday, Feb. 6th
, Francis Parker is hosting Scot Anthony Robinson, aka. the "Vision Warrior,"
to talk to 9-12th grade students about substance abuse. His video
and story are very compelling. There will also be a evening presentation for parents on Monday at 7:00 pm
in Crivello Hall. This is an exciting opportunity that you don't want to miss. It is a 90-minute presentation.
Secondly, the Junior League of San Diego, Girls Scouts of America and Outside the Lens are presenting the documentary "Miss Representation"
on Friday, Feb 10th, 6pm
at the Museum of Contemporary Art in LJ, Sherwood Auditorium. Click HERE
to watch the trailer.
THANK YOU to all who volunteered or donated food or other items to the Teacher/Staff Appreciation Luncheon! The table looked wonderful, and the teachers and staff were overwhelmed. They felt very much appreciated. A sincere thanks to those who played a part in this effort, it was a huge success. With gratitude from your luncheon co-organizers, Jackie Mann and Catherine Thiemann.
And another special thank you to the MS room parents! Looking forward to a great second half of the school year. Thank you for your time and dedication to the classrooms.
Liz and Maureen - Your MS VPs
- PA General Meeting: Monday, February 6th, 8:35 am, Scripps Library Lecture Hall - Mission Hills Campus
- Vision Warrior: Monday, Feb. 6th, 7:00 pm, Crivello Hall
- 10th Grade College Night: Wednesday, February 8th, 6:30pm, Crivello Hall
- Upper School Parent Coffee: Friday, February 10th, 7:30am, Nicholas Commons
- 10th Grade Parent Coffee: Friday, February 10th, 8:30am, Nicholas Commons
- MS Sports Night: Friday, February 10th, Field House
- Miss. Representation: Friday, February 10th, 6:00 - 9:00, La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art
- Gala Committee Meeting: Tuesday, February 14th, 8:15 am, Nicholas Commons
Friday February, 3, 2012 at 05:26PM
Choose groups to clone to: