The mission of Francis Parker School is to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective, and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.
Francis Parker School is committed to graduating students who embody those qualities essential for academic success and personal fulfillment — intellectual curiosity, creative thinking, passion for learning, ethical responsibility, self-reliance, community engagement, and global competence — by offering a balanced, challenging, and integrated K-12 educational program in academics, athletics, and the arts, all in a vibrant and diverse school community.
At Parker we are committed to developing students:
- who strive for academic excellence while maintaining social and emotional well-being and balance
- who are able to participate in the fundamental human conversation on what is right, fair, and good by developing the necessary skills, aptitude, and imagination
- who are able to think critically, write persuasively, and communicate confidently
- who are familiar with the cultural, political, historical, scientific, ethical, and economic forces shaping the world
- who possess the tools necessary to realize their individual talents and potential in their academic and professional lives
- who embrace the larger world through meaningful, age-appropriate opportunities for experiential education
We will bring the world into our classrooms through sustainable relationships with local businesses and universities, visiting faculty and lecturers, and web-based collaboration. We will take our classrooms out to the world through meaningful, age-appropriate opportunities for experiential education, service learning, environmental awareness, and character education.
We will continue our commitment to retaining, developing, and hiring a faculty of highly-qualified, passionate educators from a broad array of backgrounds who are dedicated to inspiring excellence in each of their students. Our faculty will continue to pursue new opportunities for professional development and program advancement in their academic discipline as well as in the areas of curriculum, assessment, and instruction. Parker is committed to creating the best possible school for our current students and future generations.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, creed or national origin in the administration of its admission, tuition assistance, employment determination, or its other procedures or programs.