Information to Parents and Students (39831.5 EC)
1. The driver has complete authority on the bus from the moment it leaves the school until it returns. Respect for the driver is expected.
2. No eating or drinking (other than water) is allowed on the bus.
3. The driver may, at any time, arrange the seating of students and assign seats.
4. No student is permitted on board any Parker vehicle unless the driver is present.
5. Students will be expected to follow Parker's 4 Basic Bus Safety Rules:
➢ Sit properly and face forward—Students are required to remain seated while the bus is in motion and refrain from obstructing aisles with their legs or feet, with books or backpacks, etc.
➢ Wear the shoulder/seat belt in the approved manner whenever the bus is in motion.
➢ Keep hands, feet & personal items confined to oneself—Respect for the rights and property of other students, as well as for school property, is expected. Students may not put any part of their body out of the window at any time. Windows may be opened only half way.
➢ Talk quietly—Shouting out the window, throwing objects in or out of the bus, and excessive noise within the bus are not permitted.
6. Profanity is prohibited at all times, in all forms.
7. Students must refrain from sitting in the driver's seat, tampering with bus controls and equipment (including unauthorized opening or closing of bus doors), tampering with emergency exits, and committing any act that might endanger other people.
8. The bus will not stop at any point other than scheduled stops to load or discharge students. If a student misses the bus at their assigned stop, they may meet it at the next scheduled stop.
9. Upper and Middle School students riding home must ride only their assigned bus to the Lower School campus in the afternoon. Students will not be dismissed from the bus at the Lower School for any reason, such as to get a drink or to use the restroom.
10. Students will be discharged from the bus only at their designated stop unless prior permission and arrangements have been made through the Director of Transportation. This includes friends occasionally riding home with daily bus riders.
11. When a student is required to board from the left-hand side of the street, s/he may do so only when the roadway is clear and only after the driver has activated the red crossing flashers and signaled to the student(s) to cross.
12. Students are required to be on site 5 minutes prior to their published pickup time and at the proper place for boarding the bus. The responsible driver retrieving a Lower School student (grades JK thru 5th) in the afternoon shall be at the drop-off point 5 minutes before the published stop time.
13. The bus is to be kept clean—a trash receptacle is provided.
14. No animals (fish, snails, birds, etc.), caged or otherwise, may be transported on the bus.
15. The seating capacity is regulated by California law. At no time will the driver permit more than the lawful passenger capacity.