the parker difference
PROFILE OF A PARKER GRADUATE
ESSENTIAL QUALITIES OF A PARKER GRADUATE
Parker is committed to developing students who:
- strive for academic excellence while maintaining a balance of social and emotional well-being
- possess the necessary skills, aptitude, and imagination to participate in the fundamental human conversation on what is right, fair, and good
- think critically, write persuasively, and communicate confidently
- are familiar with the cultural, political, historical, scientific, ethical, and economic forces shaping the world
- possess the tools necessary to realize their individual talents and potential in their academic and professional lives
- embrace the larger world through meaningful, age-appropriate opportunities for experiential education
Number of community service hours completed by Upper School students every year.
Upper School students engage in annual internships with organizations such as:
Local, state, and federal politicians
San Diego Blood Blank
"I realized my life goal was to become a lawyer after participating in speech and mock trial at Parker, as well as throughout enjoying my government and history classes. Parker also provided me with outstanding internships to expand my interests in the field of law.
- Parker Graduate
Independent school graduates who participate in experiential learning are more likely to be engaged at work and have higher rates of well being later in life.¹
of recent graduates felt that Parker helped prepare them with skills including:
Contributing to Class Discussions
Taking a Leadership Role
Working Collaboratively on a Team
Balancing a Full Work Load
Being Creative and Innovative
Empathizing with Others
Appreciating and/or Participating in the Arts
Maintaining an Active & Healthy Lifestyle
RESOURCES & SUPPORT
The ratio of students to college counselors at CA Public Schools
The ratio of students to college counselors at Parker
4 Full-Time College Counselors
3 Grade-Level Deans
1 In-House Test Prep Center
... to Help Parker Students Maximize Their College Application Process.
In 2020, Parker students scored an average of 310 points higher than the National Average on the SAT Test, and 10.9 points higher on the ACT test.
"Parker gave me the confidence to believe I could accomplish great things, and it sparked my passion for non-profit work and helping the less fortunate."
- Parker Graduate
The Class of 2020 will attend
different colleges across
states, Washington D.C. and two international countries.*
*As of June 2020.