Linda Vista Campus
Academic Credit Courses
Students who wish to enroll in a for-credit course must receive departmental approval before participation. No action is required following registration. The Summer Program Office will contact a family should approval due to academic requirements not being met before the start of the course.
Academic Credit Course Policies
- Students who wish to enroll in a for-credit course must receive departmental approval to be eligible for participation.
- Academic credit is applicable on the following basis:
- Full Year Credit: 6 weeks (120 hours of in-class instruction), 6 credits
- Trimester Credit: 2-3 weeks (40 hours of in-class instruction), 2 credits
Due to the short duration of the Summer Program, absences must be avoided. For any absence, the student is responsible for making up all missed course work.
- A student who is absent for more than two (2) scheduled classes in a six-week session or one (1) absence in a three-week session will prevent the student from meeting the classroom attendance requirement and being in compliance with University of California standards for courses earning academic credit.
- Absences may not take place during a final exam or lab practical.
- For Credit Recovery courses, absences are not permitted.
Should a student exceed the absence policy, the course will be considered for enrichment purposes only and will not be assigned formal academic credit.
The only extenuating circumstance will be if a student is absent due to illness or a medical emergency; in that instance, provisions will be made to make up that class, bearing in mind the following:
- A doctor’s note will be required to confirm the absence and presented to the teacher and the Summer Program office.
- The student will work with the teacher and the Associate Head of Upper School to promptly complete the make-up work and assessments.
- Should a student exceed the absence policy due to COVID, a meeting will be scheduled with the family to discuss the course of action.